React for Design
A React Course for Designers
React is a powerful design tool. There's a lot you can do with it that would be difficult with a traditional design application. Prototyping with realistic data sets, creating complex interactions and shared component libraries are just the tip of the iceberg.
React opens up new ways of designing interfaces and the systems that support them. If you're interested in using React for design work but not sure where to start, I made this course for you.
Lessons in this course include:
- Building a Simple Component
- Designing with Realistic Data
- Building an Icon Library
- Creating a Design System, Part 1: Flexible Components
- Creating a Design System, Part 2: Organization & Extension
- Building a Design System, Part 3: Component Walkthrough
- Composing Styles with Utility Props
- Creating Interactive Components
Source files are included with the purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much development experience do I need?
I would start by scaffolding an app. Once you've poked around a bit you should be able to start this course.
If you aren't sure you know enough, I have good news. The React API is small. The more you work in React, the more web fundamentals you'll learn.
I've never used React, where should I start?
I wrote an article with my two cents. The tldr is:
1. Scaffold a project using create-react-app and build something simple.
2. Read the React docs all the way through.
Do you offer discounts?
Not currently. If you're looking for free resources, I made a collection of free react links for designers.
Why React instead of other JS frameworks?
What if I don't like the course?
If you don't like the course let me know within 7 days of purchase and i'll send you a refund.